week of February 13, 2023
Save The Dates….
February 19: Campbell Charity Classic Games
February 26: Norris Charity Classic Games
March 4: Girls Game @ the Van Andel!
March 4: Star Wars Night- Griffins Ticket fundraiser- tickets available here!
March 5: Patrick Charity Classic Games
March 12: Patrick try-outs- by invite only
March 18: Last day of the Season!
What are the Charity Classic Games?
Charity Classic Game Schedule
Campbell Division will play their Charity games this Sunday February 19 with a start time of 1pm for the championship game. The consolation game starts at 2:00pm.
*The winners of the game played the day before your charity game will play in the championship game. The losers of the game played before your charity game will play in the consolation game.
*Save The Date! Norris Division will play on February 26th / Patrick Division will play on March 5th- schedule will be announced soon!
Family Fare/Spartan Store Receipts
Volunteers Needed This Week
-Scoreboard/Announcers- We need help for the following games (Sign Up Here!)
- 2/14 Patrick Game (Orange vs Green) at 7pm- 1 person needed
- 2/16 Girls Game (pink vs green ) 7:50pm- 1 person needed
- 2/18 Games:
- Campbell- 3:00pm (red vs gold)- 1 person needed
- Norris 4:20pm (green vs red) and 5:40pm (black vs yellow) – 1 person needed for each game
- 2/19 Campbell Charity Games- 1pm and 2pm- 2 people needed for each game
-Refs Needed This Week- We need help for the following games, if you or your player has taken a ref class, please considering signing up for a time to help out this week!
- Girls Games – We could really use some refs to help in our Girls Division Games on Thursday nights. We currently have no refs signed up for the remainder of the year for this division and we need 2 per game! Games are Thursdays at 7:00 or 7:50pm- Sign Up Here
- 2/18 Games- (Sign Up Here):
- Olympians 8am game- 1 ref needed
- World Juniors 9am game- 1 ref needed
- Adams 11:00 am game- 1 ref needed
- Charity Classic Games refs needed! We are still in need of 2 refs per game (1pm and 2pm) to ref our Charity Classic games for the Campbell Division this Sunday! (Sign Up Here)
As of February 20th Amazon has decided to discontinue their AmazonSmile program. Although it is certainly not our biggest fundraiser, we did receive monthly earnings from their program so we are sad to see it go! Thank you to everyone who had us set up as their charity and helped us earn money through their program!
We do have a great program that can easily replace the earnings that we were getting with AmazonSmile…it is called Raise Right. Raise Right is our gift card fundraiser – while it might be a little more work on your end- there is no additional cost to you and it can be used to purchase things you are already planning to buy! They have thousands of stores that participate and you can get your gift cards e-mailed right to you in seconds from most stores! Physical gift cards are also available to be shipped right to your door! Please consider giving this program a try and helping us earn money back!
Girls Division @ the Van Andel
Every year one Division (Adams & older) gets the opportunity to play one of their games at the Van Andel Arena! This year, it’s the Girls Divisions turn to play! Every player and visitor must have a ticket to the Griffins game that evening in order to play or watch- no exceptions! Please make sure to get your tickets ordered ASAP if you have not done so already. More details regarding the games will be sent out to families in the next week or so, below is the game schedule. Please see Nichole with any questions.
Pink vs Green on ice at 2:00pm (1:00pm arrival)
Orange vs Blue on ice at 3:30pm (2:30pm arrival)
Because we pride ourselves on being a family friendly environment- aggression, swearing, and poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated among our players or spectators and will result in removal from the rink and/or future game suspensions .
Standings as of 2/12/23: