the GYF is cancelling all practices and scrimmages for the following dates: TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 23, WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 27 and SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 28. Staff will not be at the rink.
We will resume practices and regular season games beginning on Tuesday, November 30 at all regularly scheduled times. We ask that all players, family members, visitors, coaches and staff wear a mask while in the rinks and locker rooms. Players and Coaches DO NOT have to wear a mask on the ice or bench. But, while in the rinks and locker rooms, please wear a mask. There are no restrictions of how many family members may attend and watch games. We are limiting one parent per player in the locker rooms. If you cannot wear a mask for medical reasons, we accept your statement, but PLEASE try to remain a safe distance from everyone else.
Although our season might not look like previous seasons, we are happy to have players back on the ice! Here are the changes to this years season:
- If you, your player or family member are sick/ill/not feeling well--Do not come to the rink. By following this simple rule, we will lessen opportunities for transmission for not only Covid, but other communicable diseases making the rounds.
- Some symptoms to watch for are fever, headaches, vomiting/diarrhea, persistent cough, significant sore throat, abnormal body aches and/or shortness of breath.
- Please report a quarantine or positive test to either the Program Director, Kirk Morgan or Program Manager, Eileen Winfrey. A name will not be associated with the illness report, but we will need to let others on the team know there was an illness.
- If your player tests positive, please wait no less than 10 days from the date of onset of symptoms before returning to play. They should be symptom free and feeling well.
- Your player should follow all school mandated protocols for return to school. Once completed and our player has returned to school, they may return to play. At this point, we are not requiring a negative Covid test result. It is an honor system.
- We ask that all players, family members, visitors, coaches and staff wear a mask while in the rinks and locker rooms. Players and Coaches DO NOT have to wear a mask on the ice or bench. But, while in the rinks and locker rooms, please wear a mask.
- We have masks and hand sanitizer at the front entrance if you or your players want to use them. There are also hand sanitizer stations on the wall next to locker rooms.
- Please have your player come as fitted as possible prior to practice and games. Closed toed shoes are REQUIRED while at the rink! Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your scheduled practice or game time. One parent per locker room. We want to limit congregating on and off the ice as much as possible. Please think about this and help us in this effort. All player dressings are in the assigned division locker rooms or community room--there should be no dressing/skate tying in the equipment room. Get your player's skates/stick and move to your designated dressing area as quickly as you can. Please follow our dress code.
- All players are expected to bring their own water bottle with their name on it. Hydration both before playing and while on the ice is necessary and very important.
We all want this season to happen for our players' mental health and growth. By doing the things above, we are all working together to make that happen. Please continue to report illnesses of all types to us. As always, if you have any questions, please let us know.